Saturday, June 5, 2010

A Singing Heart and a Permagrin - IHG and Sadie

Sitting here drinking some coffee and watching it rain yet again. Glad I took a little putt on Sadie last night. Sadie you ask...how is it going with that?? Well I'm the type of person that if I haven't mastered something I start getting down about it. I've taken her on a few short trips. Nothing too extreme yet. Not sure why I had it in my head that I'd be riding cross country by now. Thank goodness for some pep talks from Di Green and LadyR. It's good to hear from women on riding their own and what they went through to get to superstar biker status. I've always had respect for bikers but now that I'm actually working on this riding my own thing that respect has grown a million percent. I can see why people like riding out in the middle of nowhere with no other traffic. Cage drivers that don't ride are poopstains!

There have been moments as I've been riding that have made my heart sing and have given me permagrin. The first was when I was shifting gears and getting out of 1st for the first time. FUN!!! I kept saying to myself...you are shifting gears woman...go...go...go! The second was my first biker wave. Dan said he laughed out loud when he saw me drop the wave to a fellow biker. He told me that he instantly thought...My chicks a biker now! I know, I know...don't write comments that I'm not a biker yet...that I need many more miles in the saddle. It is my philosophy that being a biker is in your soul. It's not something that you can just get. If I have to explain...blah, blah, blah.

So that's the latest on me and my pretty chrome horse, Sadie.

No comments:

Post a Comment