Monday, July 12, 2010





The following is from Red Bull...

James Stewart and his Flugtag YZAfter weeks of carefully sculpting, polishing, and tweaking his YZ450F to make it sea- and air-worthy, James Stewart finally tried his hand at the Red Bull Flugtag event on Saturday in Miami, Florida, July 10, in front of more than 85,000 spectators.

James' confidence was soaring pretty high right before his flight: "Since I'm a Red Bull rider and can't actually be judged in the event, I figure I might as well just go ahead and break the distance record so that everyone remembers me," James said with a grin.

Unfortunately for James, however, flying a stationary motorcycle off of a 25-foot-high platform (with no motor) wasn't quite as easy as he thought it might be; though James did put in a solid attempt, his distance was quite a bit shy of the winning team's flight/descent of 54 feet. Still, it was all in the name of fun for the 2009 Supercross champ, and he definitely accomplished that goal.

James Stewart "airborne""Red Bull Flugtag in Miami was a blast! It took me out of being so serious from what I normally do, which is racing," said Stewart. "Red Bull does so many cool things and being one of their athletes, the opportunities are just unlimited. I want to go for the record again!"

For more information on Red Bull Flugtag

No comments:

Post a Comment