Friday, January 29, 2010

Honda Crosstour: Blockbuster or Bust?


It’s opening weekend of the 2010 Sundance Film Festival & I’m racing against time & Brother Nature. I’m caught in a snowstorm on Interstate 80, wending my way through a blustery stretch of Utah’s Wasatch National Forest between All That I Love at the Egyptian Theater in Park City & the 6:30 p.m. showing of Hesher an hour north in Ogden.

Out the side windows the darkness is peppered by snow flurries & the halting progress of weekend traffic. Through the windshield is a sea of brakelights as ski-racked Subarus & salt-encrusted 4x4s shuffle down the steep grade of the snow-dusted interstate. A automobile one lanes over starts in to a languid, right hand spin. The driver has locked the brakes & the semi truck a automobile length behind struggles to keep away from contact. My girlfriend in the passenger stool gasps at both the unfolding scene & the possibility of missing a Natalie Portman premiere. My brother, seated behind her & snoring lightly, seems slightly less concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment