Monday, September 29, 2008

Season's of change, and a place I call my home



As I was out riding yesterday, I felt as though I was once again where I belonged. That place I call my home is Minnesota on two wheels.With the cool crispness of the late September fall air rushing at me, I noted the fall colors starting to fire. After many years here, I know that this is only the beginning of the colorful splendor fall will bring. I belong on two wheels, as much as the sun belongs in the sky. I belong in Minnesota, as much as the fish belong in the water. I need to feel the season's of change. I need to bear witness on the beauty these season's of change bring with it each and every year. There is such beauty in all of the four seasons. Spring brings lush green colors as far as the eye can see. Summer brings warmer riding, and good times I'll never forget with friends and family out at the cabin. But Autumn brings mixed feeling for me. It is to me the most beautiful time of the year. It brings an awesome color show with the turning of the leaves. It is to me the most spectacular time to ride and enjoy the views Mother Nature paints for us. It brings milder riding temperatures, but also brings the end of my riding season. Granted, winter is the one season out of the year we cannot ride motorcycles, but I figure it to be a trade off for the one summer season in warmer climates that it is too hot to bear riding comfortably. The upside is that the white snow brings such a clean beauty that I could not live without. It brings Christmas into the right light for me as well. I grew up in Minnesota, and could not imagine life without this wonderful place I call my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment