Friday, August 15, 2008

Oh Fu@k!







My bike's gotta go into the shop to have a new rear tail light/license plate mount fabricated. I've got to do something, and figure it out fast, if I want to ride in the state of Minnesota without getting a ticket.

As of August first, Minnesota legislation piggy backed onto a bill, that license plates now all have to be mounted and displayed horizontally. This kind of Sh*t really pisses me off! I can't stand it that they are allowed to tag things onto other bills. Each one should be individual. This B.S. passed, and I'm pissed!!!! What's next, I ask???

See http://www.dps.state.mn.us/dvs/PlBrochure/PlateFrame.htm for more details. I never even saw it coming until well after the law took effect. My friend told me three days ago. It was confirmed to me when I took my bike to Stormy's Custom Bike works yesterday to have Kenny checked out. Brad, one of the mechanics there gave me the e-mail address above that confirms it.

Had I got any prior notice of this, I would have feuded it guns a blazing!, O.K. maybe an Internet petition, and a letter to the State.

I wonder how this will effect other bikers visiting Minnesota, or just passing through. I wonder how hard they will push giving out tickets for violating this newly passed law.
Even though we don't have a helmet law here in Minnesota, when one of us Minnesotans are traveling through a state that does, and you ain't wearin one, You better bet your sweet @ss they won't give you a break, just 'cause you're not from there. Your gettin a big fat ticket my friend. I'm guessin they'll ticket anyone and everyone they can for this new violation here as well.

Fair warning my friends, fair warning... Don't say Mr. M. never told you so!

And to think, I just got my new low mount set up a short while ago.


And it's not as easy as just turning the plate. The mount backing plate is a piece of welded, polished stainless steel that I had to have custom fabricated, because no one makes good stuff for Sporters. Now not only do I have to physically make the change, and spend so more dough, It will change the look of the bike. Not for the better either I might add.

Oh well, back to the drawing board.

No comments:

Post a Comment