Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A new biker word to add to the dictionary


.
At a Motorcycle repair shop I frequent, there is a funny word that they use to describe making a bike look cooler than it already is, or is not.
.
The first time I heard it was when I had a stock Harley, and was in there looking at options to make it Bad Ass.
.
We talked about all of the things that could be done, and the list started, and the financial drain started as well.
.
So my New Webster's Dictionary word addition suggestion is:
.
coolify
Pronunciation: kool . if . eye
Function: adjective
Etymology: English slang biker giberish
Date: sometime after the start of the19th century
1: cool, or kool : To be lacking the stock motorcycle look:
2:To coolify, usually marks the start of ones financial drain , and loss of self-control.
A cool and calculating bike builder should be the administrator of "coolifying" ones motorcycle.
.
Special thanks to Wizard and Stormy for using this wicked word, and making it part of my vocabulary.
.
Special thanks to Stormy Custom Bike Works for helping me "coolify" my Harley.

No comments:

Post a Comment