Thursday, May 1, 2008

Motorcycle blogging off the beaten path


I call this post Motorcycle blogging off the beaten path, because it has multiple meanings to me.
.
1st is that sometimes you have to veer away from the same things you always do to find something new.
.
2nd, In the world of motorcycle riding the (winding road or off the beaten path) is like a siren calling to the sailors at sea.
.
3rd. This blog post is not entirely about motorcles. I'll try to tie in in for ya though.
.
Keeping in mind that I do not custom paint for a living any more, but do still take on side jobs, I've ventured into another carrer many years ago. The new carrer has guaranteed me a steady salary where I can count on a certain dollar amount each week to put food on my family's table. I still love to custom paint motorcycles, helmets, wave runners, snowmobiles, etc. on the side for cash, and for hobby, and I do love my full time carrer as well. It can be a bit stressfull with the high volume this time of year, but I get to drive around quite a bit and meet with my companies clients on a face to face basis quite frequently. This is the most satisfying part of my job.
.
In doing so today, I met some of the nicest folks I've ever run into. They were extremely hospitable, and we hit it off right away. We have things in common, such as Ali likes cool cars, and motorcycles. He owns a 1930 Ford Model A. that is pretty cool, and Mary Ellen and I have art in common. Have I ever mentioned that I do more art than just custom painting? Mary Ellen has several art degrees, and If I recall per our conversation, she used to illustrate for the medical community. She has now focused on creating porcelain art. She has four kilns, and a beautiful art studio on her home's property that she teaches classes out of. She's got several published art books, and I got an autographed copy. In case anyone near Minnesota is interested in taking porcelain art lessons, or wants more information about this artform, you can e-mail her at haggertystudio@msn.com . She has also traveled worldwide to teach her techniques.
.
Back to the motorcycle things. We got along so well, and shared stories, and laughs. They said to feel free and stop by somtine when passing through or when ever. Just to shoot the breeze, or have a beer. Ironicly, when I was driving my car to their home, I realized that I had travelled part of the paved roads to their house in the past. It is a nice ride from my house, but not too far away. I think I'll take my motorcycle for a ride sometime soon and say hi. I'll take them up on their beer too while I'm at it.
.
I'll jabber at you all later.
Thanks for reading .
.
Mr. Motorcycle

No comments:

Post a Comment