Monday, April 7, 2008

I got my bike "Kenny" back on the road.



I did a Flickr flash badge called (My bike “Kenny” with his new paint job) on the right side of my blog page that shows the bike re-assembled with a new custom paint job. I even got to ride a bit on Saturday. Boy was it nice, and It felt great, since this was the first real ride I got to take since last Halloween when I broke the belt, and started the rebuild. See post from Tuesday, March 11th, 2008, The foot bone is connected to the ankle bone,.... is connected to my wallet. This explains the rebuild. I’m sure many of you can relate. http://01mrmotorcycle.blogspot.com/2008/03/foot-bone-is-connected-to-ankle-bone.html#links

For anyone wondering why I named my motorcycle “Kenny”…..
I was inspired by Beach, from Custom Motorcycle Talk by BeachCruiser. http://www.thebeachcruiser.com/blog/ . His blog post Archie 2 from April 3rd, 2008, gave me inspiration to name my motorcycle. None of my bikes had ever had names before. Both my mother and father are alive and kicking & I wanted to honor them while they are still with me, rather than doing so in remembrance of them. I can’t call my bike Ken and Shirley after both my parents. That would sound stupid. People would want to put me in a mental institution if I ran around referring to my bike that way. Since I think the bike is a masculine thing, I chose to give it a Male name rather than a female name. My mother understands. I honor both of them. Since Ken sounds a little too serious, I named the bike Kenny. I felt since the bike rebuild project was now complete, and Beach so inspired me, this was the time to name it. Thanks for all you do Mom & Dad.

Mr. Motorcycle

No comments:

Post a Comment