Sunday, August 19, 2007

Getting Ready to Ride

One of the better parts of going motorcycle camping is the anticipation and preparation before the ride.
Of course no one really likes packing but going by motorcycle presents a challenge of trying to get everything on two wheels that you may need after leaving home.

The Tank Bag

The tank bag, or man purse as I like to call it sometimes, is one of the neatest and most versatile pieces of luggage one can get for the bike. I only have a small one but find it handy for carrying lots of personal items such as gloves, sunglasses, camera, and various other knick-knacks as well as holding a map. I resisted for many years but after acquiring one I really like it.


Saddlebags

Whether you have hard bags or soft bags, this is where most of your gear will go. As you can tell from the picture above I have mine crammed full of camping and cooking gear. I managed to squeeze in a lantern, cook stove, coffee pot, condiments, cutlery, fry pan, inflator mug, portable BBQ, and other handy little items.

Trunk and Rear Passenger Seat

The rear passenger seat for me will hold the most amount of gear, including tent, air mattress, camp chair, sleeping bag and clothes bag. Of course this is held all together with a stretchy and versatile cargo net that will hold anything and everything in place. If you ride two-up you will not have this option and have to load up your trunk or rear luggage rack.

In my small trunk I carry my rain suit, snap on visor, tool kit and a few other misc. items

Smaller is better when it comes to packing items for the back of your motorcycle and with a little practise and a few bungee cords you can tie on all the necessities that you will need.

No comments:

Post a Comment